Monday, 28 December 2009

Vespa Finished

Well there you have it, it's all done and i'm so pleased with way it came out. It's only a shame that i can't ride it. I like to thank ScootRS for all the good Quality parts . And thank you for looking at my blog. If you want you can visit my other blogs listed to the Left. Thanks Rob

Sunday, 8 November 2009

So Close

As you can see the scoot is nearly done just the seat and spare wheel cover, there is still jobs to finish, the wiring and fit a new tap to the tank but thats about it . I have made the decision to not start it up because the scooter will be put in my lounge and i dont want it to smell

The speedo is a genuine n.o.s one with just the test mileage on, i was give this a long time ago and have now finely been able to fit it

Sunday, 18 October 2009

Vespa Forks And Frame

Its coming on well. I have already installed the loom and all the cables are threw, the floor runners have been finished and the stand is on. Today i have built the forks and put them in. The seat and spare wheel cover have now been ordered from ScootRS and shoud be here in a week or so

Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Vespa First Bits On

I have put on some parts that i was not looking forward to i.e the legsheild trim and badges. As it turned out the legsheild badge went on quite easy.The Vespa 150 badge came from ScootRS and was nice and thicker than the sportique badge which was purchased from ebay but both lined up spot on with the original holes. The legsheild trim also from ScootRS was not as bad as some of this type i have tried to fit before, it's always best to do a dry fit before you paint to see how well things fit as when i did my dry fit i noted that the legsheild trim was to long and clashed with the floor runners, so i knew to modify the trims then and not have this problem later. The Douglas badge was in a bit of a mess and are very hard to find, so i decided to restore it the best i could

Sunday, 20 September 2009

Vespa Paint Job

Here are some pictures of the scooter in work .The colour was made up with paint i already had and then tinted to a shade i like, so its not a vespa colour but i think it looks about right. Now comes the tricky bit, build it with out scratching it. There are just a few things i need to get the biggest being a seat that i will order next week

Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Vespa Forks And Wheels

The forks are now built, this was hard to do with out scratching anything. The bearings in the end of the forks were especially fidley. I have also painted the wheels and have fitted the tyres also put on some whitewall tyre inserts. I'm very happy with the way they look and has given me a push to get on with the project and get in finished

Monday, 24 August 2009

Vespa Primer + Trim's

Got the frame mudguard and headset in to primer and have also painted the under sides blue. I like doing it this way better as it stops the over spray going every where and helps to keep the paint work shit free. I have also fitted trim's to the side panels, these came from scootrs and look nice but were a bitch to fit as they are solid stainless steel so it took lots of bending in the vice to get them to sit right

Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Vespa Filler in frame

I've eventually got on with the sportique, first thing i did was try the chrome mudguard on the forks and it was lucky i did as it did not fit at all (great!) i've had to fix up the old one. The frame has now had all the filler work finished and the holes for the floorboard runners have been drilled. I have also test fitted some of the new bits to see if there were any more issues. the next step is to primer the frame and mudguard in work in the next week or so.

Wednesday, 31 December 2008


This is the mudgard that i have got, it was cheap and you can tell the sides were wobbly so i decided to paint them, this also made it look more 1960s, It hasn't been tried on yet so there maybe a possability that it will all need painting blue. The mudgard potector is stainless steel and is good quality this came off ebay

Friday, 14 November 2008

Side Panels

The panels were baked then flipped over then primed then painted with the top coat

A one coat off etch primer followed by three coats of two pack primer was applied

I'm working on the body panels bit by bit first the side panels. First they were sand blasted then all dents filled

Front Hub

This is just a couple of pictures of the hub after painting and pressing it back together after fitting new bearings.